- Dental Implants
- I Need Dental Implants
- Vitality’s Teeth-In-A-Day
- Computer Guided Dental Implants
- Dental Implant Cost
- Implants Before & After
- All Implant Services – One location
- Dental Implant Videos
- Integrated Approach
- Dental Implant Options & Benefits
- Dental Implants 101
- Benefits Of All-On-Six Over All-On-Four
- The Significance Of Dental Implants
- Technology & Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Three-Step Dental Implant Process
- When To Consider Dental Implants?
- Impact On Jawbone Health
- Cost Comparison
- Chewing, Digestion & Nutrient Absorption
- Maintain Bone In Jaws
- Restoring Bite
- The Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Reverse Premature Aging
- Dr. Raj Singh & Dental Implants
- Quick Dental Implant Quiz
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- About Us
- Patient Stories
- Contact Us
Composite Resin Fillings
Composite resin fillings are the most common alternative to dental amalgam (silver fillings).
They are sometimes called “tooth-coloured” or “white” fillings because of their colour. Composite resin fillings are made of a type of plastic (an acrylic resin) reinforced with powdered glass filler. The colour (shade) of composite resins can be customized to closely match surrounding teeth. Composite resin fillings are often light cured by a “blue-light” in layers to build up the final restoration.
Composite resin fillings blend in with surrounding teeth due to the colour matching ability, they are quite high in strength and durability, and require minimal removal of healthy tooth structure for placement.
If you have any questions regarding composite resin fillings, please feel free to speak with one of our Vitality Dentistry team members today!